(HealthDay News) — Cold winter season temperatures and bitter winds can leave your lips dry, chapped and sore.
The Cleveland Clinic lists these recommendations to assist prevent and soothe chapped lips:
- Moisturize lips each and every working day with a balm or lip moisturizer that is made up of components like cocoa butter, vitamins A and E, beeswax, petrolatum or dimethicone.
- Re-implement one more layer of lip defense just before heading out into severe weather problems or in dry indoor air.
- Safeguard lips from sunburn with a balm that has an SPF of fifteen or larger apply a balm under lipstick if you dress in it.
- Select a balm that involves an alpha-hydroxy acid to soothe and exfoliate lips that are previously chapped you can also exfoliate them by coating with lip balm, gently brushing lips with a toothbrush to remove flakes, and then wiping clear and making use of a lot more lip balm.
- Try not to lick your lips, simply because it really dries them out.
– Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All legal rights reserved.